Every Cottage Has
A lovely view
A private garden
An open hearth fireplace or a log burner
A Five Star Rating and Gold Award from Visit Britain
Comfortable sofas and armchairs with high quality traditional covers.
At least one bath and one shower (some of the one bedroom cottages have a shower over the bath, some have separate showers)
Dishwashers, fridge-freezers, hair-driers, electric steam irons, electric blankets, washer-driers and microwave ovens as well as built in cookers - most with fan ovens and ceramic hobs
Quality 100% cotton linen, really soft non-allergenic pillows and duvets, cotton sheets, thick, fluffy hand & bath towels, tea towels. (Swimming towels & table linen are not provided.) Sheets and blankets available by special request. Because babies often do not like strange bedding, we do not supply cot bedding – only the mattress and cover
Heated towel rails in the bathrooms
Its very own private cottage garden with lawn, flower borders, shrubs and climbing plants. High quality garden tables and chairs with a sun umbrella during the summer months.
A barbecue – but please bring your own charcoal.
A TV with freeview or freesat. DVD and CD player. DVD library available 24hrs in the Information room.
A smoke detector and fire extinguisher.
Good mobile phone reception for most networks – if not for yours and you require a phone, we can loan you an Orange mobile (just pay for your calls).
All electricity and heating (on biomass) included in the price. Several cottages have under-floor heating in selected rooms, particularly bathrooms.
Wi-Fi in your cottage and in the Information Room with sofa and log burner. Please note that we are a long way from the exchange and our internet speed is not what you might be used to!
Washing up liquid, dishwasher tablets, salt and pepper, dried herbs, cloths, cleaning products, one loo roll per loo, guest toiletries and Emergency Box for any small items you might have forgotten. (We don’t supply clothes washing powder, but a small supply of ‘eco’ products is for sale by honesty box 24 hours in the Information Room.)
No ashtrays - we ask our guests please not to smoke inside the cottages.
A cottage inventory can be seen in more detail here. We keep a stock of many spare items so if you don't find something you need, please ask.
Heating, water and electricity
Logs for a roaring fire – and kindling, matches, firelighters and instructions
All beds made up on arrival with 100% cotton linen and non-allergenic down-feel bedding
A big fluffy bath towel and hand towel per guest (but not swimming towels – please bring these if you would like to swim, or let us know if you would like to hire some)
Fresh flowers when you arrive (from our own gardens and hedgerows whenever possible)
A welcoming tea tray with fresh flowers, fair trade tea, cafetiere coffee, Cornish clotted cream shortbread and (very) local apple juice
At Christmas we provide a Christmas Tree (just bring your own decorations!) and your tea tray will be filled with Christmas goodies
Cards and board games
Washing up liquid, dishwasher tablets, dish cloths, tea towels, cleaning products, vacuum cleaner, bin liner for each bin and a spare
Guest toiletries in all bathrooms
An ‘Emergency Box’ filled with useful items that are easily forgotten (eg. toothbrush, razor etc)
A cot on request, with bottom sheet but please bring top bedding
A high chair on request
Permanent stairgates in all family cottages
24 hour access to our Information Room with DVD library, tennis rackets, badminton rackets, sketch maps & wildlife quizzes for the farm, stacks of local info and what’s on, board games, magazines, computer & internet
Use of Treworgey’s facilities – games rooms, heated pool (seasonal), tennis court, indoor beach, sandpits, playground, woodland walks, Information Room and our 150 acres to explore.
We have a licensed riding school at Treworgey, just for the use of our guests. We offer riding lessons, and supervised hacking through the beautiful countryside around Treworgey. For more detailed information on riding at Treworgey, please visit the riding page of this website. For more information please visit the riding page of this website.
Coombe Kitchen Meal Service
If you would like to take the catering out of self-catering why not let Jane and Hanna do the shopping, chopping and cooking – home-cooked suppers, cakes and afternoon teas can be delivered to your cottage most days from Coombe Kitchen. For the current menu, prices and more information please visit the food page of this website.
Grocery Deliveries & Local Produce
We have a local produce stall next door to the Information Room, stocked by Janice at nearby Lower Killigorrick Farm. Use the honesty box (available 24 hours) and help yourself to Janice’s own organic vegetables, steaks, mince, sausages, chops and soups in the freezer, or to jams and chutneys or sometimes her own eggs, lemon curd and even cakes and biscuits! She also keeps milk and other basic essentials in the fridge.
Local Veg and Breakfast Boxes can be ordered ahead (select your choice on the booking form) and delivered to your cottage by Janice for your arrival. Please see the food page for more details.
If you would like to pre-order meat or seasonal veg for your holiday from Janice please email her with your requirements at least a week before your holiday at email@example.com and she will get back to you with what’s in season. We can highly recommend her produce from her chemical free tasty vegetables to her delicious steaks or Sunday joints – we eat them regularly.
Other Grocery Deliveries
If you would like to order a fuller range of groceries for your arrival, food4myholiday.com have a good range of local produce as well as basic essentials such as cereals, tins etc and can deliver to your cottage. Tesco and Waitrose also deliver to Treworgey. If you do order from the supermarkets please enter your cottage name into the delivery address (the drivers have generally been here enough times to know the cottages individually) and please make sure you choose a time slot when you will be at the cottage as we are unable to guarantee that we will be able to be around to accept these deliveries on your behalf – Janice at Lower Killigorrick or Food4MyHoliday will contact us, but Tesco or Waitrose might not.
If you would like a night out without the children, we are usually able to organise a local babysitter who we know well. Please contact us to discuss your requirements and for current rates.
If you would like to venture out for a non-doggy evening we do ask that you don't leave pets unattended in your cottage, but we are usually able to organise a dog sitter for you. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
If you would like to spend a day out at a dog-free attraction such as the Eden Project, you might like to contact the good local kennels at Pelynt who offer daily terms - visit www.pelyntkennels.co.uk for more information.
If you would like to forget about domestic chores and for us to organise for your cottage to be refreshed during your stay we are very happy to arrange maid service for you. Please contact us to discuss your requirements and for current rates.
For two week (or longer) stays, we provide a change of linen and towels at the end of your first week – please just let us know if you would like us to bring a basket of linen to your cottage for you to change yourself (we will collect the discarded linen too) or if you prefer for someone to come in to change the bed(s) and clean round for you. If so we will do our best to arrange this at a mutually convenient time.
We provide our own big fluffy white bath towels and hand towels for guests to use in the cottage. However we don’t provide swimming towels for use at the pool or the beach. If you prefer not to bring your own swimming towels, you can choose to hire these for your holiday at £3 per towel to cover laundering. Please just let us know how many towels you would like on your booking form and we will have them ready in the cottage for you when you arrive.
If you would like to indulge in some organic spa treatments, but prefer not to leave the comfort of your cottage, My Personal Sanctuary can organise a personal therapist to come to you. Please visit their website at www.mypersonalsanctuary.co.uk to view the treatments available and for more information, or to book please contact MPS direct on 01625 540 557 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Delivered to your cottage by Cornish Cycle Hire. Great bikes (including ones with electric motors to battle all these hills!) either delivered to you at Treworgey or pickupable from their lovely farm shop and tea room at Pensilva (where they will point you in the direction of some great cycle routes). Choices for all the family including child seats. Call 07526 317737 or visit www.cornishcyclehire.co.uk
Luxury Cornish Hampers
Specially selected for Treworgey guests from Purely Cornish of Looe, luxury all-Cornish hampers can be (make your selection on the booking form) delivered to your cottage for an extra arrival treat. Please see the food page for more details.
Our range of on-site facilities includes:
- heated outdoor pool (seasonal)
- games room including table tennis and pool table
- indoor beach (for badminton or volley ball)
- horse riding
- information room with sofa beside the fire, tea, coffee and biscuits (help yourself) and loads of useful information
- fantastic outdoor playground
- nature trail around the farm
- 150 acres of fields and woodland for children and grownups to explore
- cots, highchairs, steriliser, toddlers cutlery and crockery, all to lend for no extra charge
Cancellation Policy & Holiday Insurance
We strongly recommend that you take out holiday cancellation insurance – no-one wants to pay for a holiday that they cannot take and insurance is an inexpensive safeguard against cancellation. We provide details with your confirmation letter of insurers with policies designed for this type of holiday, or you may of course prefer to use your own insurer.
Optional insurance schemes designed for this type of holiday are available from:
In the event of a cancellation the hirer must advise us immediately, whereupon we will, without prejudice to our right to the balance in full, use our best endeavours to re-let. If we can re-let (which in the majority of cases we have done) we will return your deposit less any expenses incurred for advertising, office costs, etc and less any shortfalls in discounted list price. Until such time as a vacancy has been re-let the hirer is responsible for making any further payments by the due dates. Failure to do so may mean that the hirer forfeits any refund if the cottage is re-let. If we cannot re-let, all payments including the balance (less V.A.T. under current regulations) are still payable by the due date(s). It is unlikely that a refund can be made for a late cancellation.
- Public transport information is available on this website - please read below. We also have public transport information in each cottage and in further detail, with bus and train time tables etc in our Information Room at Treworgey, including a wheel-chair friendly taxi service. Our office will be happy to help with additional information.
- Guests can arrange for shopping to be delivered on arrival and there is a local produce box scheme so that you can have fresh local meat and groceries delivered to your door. All your groceries can be pre ordered via phone or online. Groceries are put into your cottage kitchen and cold or frozen goods packed into the fridge or freezer to await your arrival. Please see www.food4myholiday.com We also offer a home-cooked meal service, cooked fresh here at Treworgey by Jane and Hanna Snowdon at Coombe kitchen, and delivered to your cottage. Please see the food page of our website.
- Much of our literature can be provided in large print – please ask.
- Bed boards can be provided for most beds on request – please ask on booking.
- Bed blocks can be provided for most beds on request – please ask on booking.
- Large print literature such as TV instructions can be provided on request – please ask on booking.
- High-back chair can be provided on request – please ask on booking.
- We have a wheelchair which can be provided on request – please ask on booking.
- Ramps to cover small numbers of steps available on request – please ask on booking.
- Where is Treworgey?
Treworgey is located in Southeast Cornwall, in the southwest of the British Isles with a rich Celtic history and stunning scenery. It is no more than 4 hours by train from London or Birmingham, and less than an hour by air
- Trains - Fast service from all parts of the country to Liskeard - details on 00 44 (0)8457 48 49 50 or www.nationalrail.co.uk. Local taxis at Liskeard station. There is also a branchline train service from Liskeard to the request stop at Sandplace (and on to Looe). Sandplace is less than a mile from Treworgey along the tarmaced road, but it is uphill and not walkable with luggage
- Looe Taxis have several cars including a wheelchair-friendly taxi. +44 (0)1503 262405 or 264193
- Car hire - Hertz in Plymouth: +44 (0) 843 309 3061 or www.hertz.co.uk
- By Car - M5 or A303 to Exeter, then A38 to Plymouth and Liskeard. For drivers, a detailed map and directions are provided when you make your booking. In brief, Treworgey is approx. half a mile from the main B3254 road, along a single track country lane with passing places, and bordered in part by high hedges. Treworgey and Coombe are the only settlements along this lane and as a result there is little through traffic other than local farmers. There is plenty of space for allocated parking for all our cottages, often right outside the front garden or front door.
- By Coach - National Express coaches from all regions to Liskeard: +44 (0) 8717 818178 or www.nationalexpress.com
- By Bus – from Liskeard or Looe. Will stop on request at the end of the lane to Treworgey where it joins the main road. This is approx. half a mile along the lane to Treworgey
- Airports - Sometimes there are exceptionally cheap fights on offer from Newquay to Stansted or Gatwick. There are also increasing European destinations available from airports in the South West. Nearest airports are Newquay (50 mins), Exeter (90 mins) and Bristol (120 mins) Flight routes can be seasonal so do check with the airlines in advance. Contact Air Southwest, Flybe or Ryanair for advice.
Where is Coombe?
Coombe Farmstead itself is approximately half a mile further along the single track lane to the west from Treworgey. The lane is steep and winding with high Cornish hedges at the sides, and there are passing places. The entrance to Coombe is a concrete driveway through a wide gateway on the right hand side of the lane. This five-barred gate is kept closed at night for safety, but not locked so you can open and close it for access at any time. Coombe farmstead comprises of Coombe Farmhouse, Stable Cottage, Orchard Cottage, log stores and other out buildings, (one of which is Coombe Kitchen where our home cooked meals are prepared), an indoor playroom and some enclosed fields which often contain horses and other livestock.
General Access Information for all Cottages
There are a number of items common to all cottages, which are listed here:
- Local Information folders – what to do, see and where it is
- Upstairs windows have locks for child-safety compliant with current regulations
- All have handrails on wall by baths
- Non-slip bath mats provided where needed
- Generally there are heated towel rails in bathrooms, some of which can be hot to the touch
- Freestanding or fixed bird tables/feeders in each cottage's private garden
- Non-feather (but feather-feel) pillows and duvets on all beds
- All cottages have movable furniture, wall pictures, lamps, ornaments and other curiosities that are unique to that individual cottage. For full details of what exactly is provided in your cottage, and to discuss your personal access needs please contact our office by telephone on +44 (0) 1503 262730 so that we can help in person.
- The individual nature of our luxurious holiday cottages is something that we take great pride in. Because of these unique qualities, it is impossible to fully highlight all aspect of access here, but please do contact us so that we can discuss your personal requirements with you. We are always happy to help wherever possible, to ensure that you have a pleasurable, comfortable and safe stay with us.
These are approximate measurements to give you a guide of the general features in most of our cottages. However please do contact us to discuss the specifics of your cottage as these measurements may vary from cottage to cottage as they have all been updated at different times and building regulations change from year to year.
Standard door width (internal) – 90cmx196cm
Standard kitchen worktop height – 92cm
Standard bathroom basin height – 80cm approx.
Standard WC seat height – 40cm
Access to Office
Access via gravel slightly sloped car park, then up sloping but even brick path. 1 step up to office and then step up over threshold into carpeted office through regular width door.
Unfortunately we do not currently provide adaptations for the hearing impaired or our materials in Braille. We can provide large print for most of our written material on request.
Access to Treworgey Playroom
Access via gravel slightly sloped car park, then up sloping but even brick path. Small step up over threshold through wide door into carpeted play room.
Wooden chairs and arm chairs
Ping pong and mini pool tables
Small child size bookshelves and table and chairs
Selection of toys, large and small
Access to Information Room
Access via gravel slightly sloped car park, then up sloping but even brick path. Small step up and then small step over threshold through double ‘French' doors.
Wooden floor boards with large doormat and wool rug
Enclosed log burning stove (high guard all around)
2 seater sofa
DVD library shelving, some of which is at standing height
Chest of drawers and chest, with leaflets and other information on top
Self-service freezer for guests to buy local produce (honesty box system)
PC with internet access in small room in right hand corner. Table, computer and chair here
Is available in the Information Room and all cottages. We are a long way from the exchange so our line speeds may be slow compared to what you are used to.
Access to Swimming Pool
Access via gravel, sloped car park, along short paved path through wide lockable gate.
The area around the pool is paved and there is a level lawn surrounding the paved area
In summer deck chairs, tables and sun loungers are put out daily on the lawn area
The heat pumps and all pool heating/cleaning mechanisms are in an enclosed, locked cupboard
The wooden summer house/changing room is accessed via double doors with a small step up over the threshold. There is a wooden floor inside, and the back part is divided into two changing cubicles with curtains. There is a chair inside each. In the front part of the summer house there is a box containing chair cushions and floats etc
Inside the summer house there is an emergency telephone
At the back of the summer house is a tile-floored WC (standard height) with small washbasin (free space underneath) with mirror above
Outside the pool area there is a dog tying-up hook (dogs are not allowed in the pool area)
Life belts are provided on the inside of the pool fence
Coombe Log Store
This is the second door in the outbuilding on the left of the drive, opposite the left side of the farmhouse
Up two concrete steps to the door, concrete floor inside. Doorway is low, please mind your head
Stacks of logs and coal sacks piled around the edges – please help yourself with care
The nearest shop to Treworgey is in the village of Duloe (approx. 1.5 miles). This is a small community shop with basic supplies and excellent local produce with select opening hours and an occasional post office. In Dobwalls there is a Spar with extended opening hours (Approx 5 miles from both Treworgey and from Coombe) or in Looe there are a variety of shops (approx 3 miles). The nearest large supermarket is Morrison’s in Liskeard (approx 6 miles).
The nearest Doctors' surgery to Treworgey - is in Looe. (Three miles from Treworgey and two and a half miles from Coombe.)
The nearest hospital to Treworgey is in Liskeard (Six miles from Treworgey and Coombe). The nearest major A&E is in Plymouth (approx 18 miles from Treworgey).
Please note - If you would like a detailed access statement on an individual cottage, please contact us.
How to book
To check availability and book online please visit the Availability & Booking page.
Short Breaks are not always bookable online. If you would like to enquire about a short break or flexible dates please telephone on 01503 262730 (+441503 262730 from outside the UK) or email us. Thank you.
BOOK BY TELEPHONE:
If you would like to book a short break, or if you just prefer to speak to us than book online, please telephone on 01503 262730 (+441503 262730 from outside the UK). We are always very happy to hear from you and would love to help you choose your ideal cottage.
If you have made a booking with us by telephone, please complete the telephone bookings Booking Form. Thank you.
Back to top