- Public transport information is available on this website - please read below. We also have public transport information in each cottage and in further detail, with bus and train time tables etc, in our Information Room at Treworgey, including a wheel-chair friendly taxi service. Our office will be happy to help with additional information.
- Guests can arrange for shopping to be delivered on arrival and there is a local produce box scheme so that you can have fresh local meat and groceries delivered to your door. All your groceries can be pre ordered via phone or online. Groceries are put into your cottage kitchen and cold or frozen goods packed into the fridge or freezer to await your arrival. Please see www.food4myholiday.com We also offer a home-cooked meal service, cooked fresh here at Treworgey by Jane and Hanna Snowdon at Coombe kitchen, and delivered to your cottage. Please see the food page of our website.
- Much of our literature can be provided in large print – please ask
- Bed boards can be provided for most beds on request – please ask on booking
- Bed blocks can be provided for most beds on request – please ask on booking
- Large print literature such as TV instructions can be provided on request – please ask on booking
- High-back chair can be provided on request – please ask on booking
- We have a wheelchair which can be provided on request – please ask on booking
- Ramps to cover small numbers of steps available on request – please ask on booking
- Where is Treworgey?
Treworgey is located in Southeast Cornwall, in the southwest of the British Isles with a rich Celtic history and stunning scenery. It is no more than 4 hours by train from London or Birmingham, and less than an hour by air
- Trains - Fast service from all parts of the country to Liskeard - details on 00 44 (0)8457 48 49 50 or www.nationalrail.co.uk. Local taxis at Liskeard station. There is also a branchline train service from Liskeard to the request stop at Sandplace (and on to Looe). Sandplace is less than a mile from Treworgey along the tarmaced road, but it is uphill and not walkable with luggage
- Looe Taxis have several cars including a wheelchair-friendly taxi. +44 (0)1503 262405 or 264193
- Car hire - Hertz in Plymouth: +44 (0) 843 309 3061 or www.hertz.co.uk
- By Car - M5 or A303 to Exeter, then A38 to Plymouth and Liskeard. For drivers, a detailed map and directions are provided when you make your booking. In brief, Treworgey is approx. half a mile from the main B3254 road, along a single track country lane with passing places, and bordered in part by high hedges. Treworgey and Coombe are the only settlements along this lane and as a result there is little through traffic other than local farmers. There is plenty of space for allocated parking for all our cottages, often right outside the front garden or front door.
- By Coach - National Express coaches from all regions to Liskeard: +44 (0) 8717 818178 or www.nationalexpress.com
- By Bus – from Liskeard or Looe. Will stop on request at the end of the lane to Treworgey where it joins the main road. This is approx. half a mile along the lane to Treworgey
- Airports - Sometimes there are exceptionally cheap fights on offer from Newquay to Stansted or Gatwick. There are also increasing European destinations available from airports in the South West. Nearest airports are Newquay (50 mins), Exeter (90 mins) and Bristol (120 mins) Flight routes can be seasonal so do check with the airlines in advance. Contact Air Southwest, Flybe or Ryanair for advice.
Where is Coombe?
Coombe Farmstead itself is approx. half a mile further along the single track lane to the west from Treworgey. The lane is steep and winding with high Cornish hedges at the sides, and there are passing places. The entrance to Coombe is a concrete driveway through a wide gateway on the right hand side of the lane. This five-barred gate is kept closed at night for safety, but not locked so you can open and close it for access at any time. Coombe farmstead comprises of Coombe Farmhouse, Stable Cottage, Orchard Cottage, log stores and other out buildings, (one of which is Coombe Kitchen where our home cooked meals are prepared), an indoor playroom and some enclosed fields which often contain horses and other livestock.
General Access Information for all Cottages
There are a number of items common to all cottages, which are listed here
- Local Information folders – what to do, see and where it is
- Upstairs windows have locks for child-safety compliant with current regulations
- All have handrails on wall by baths
- Non-slip bath mats provided where needed
- Generally there are heated towel rails in bathrooms, some of which can be hot to the touch
- Freestanding or fixed bird tables/feeders in each cottage's private garden
- Non-feather (but feather-feel) pillows and duvets on all beds
- All cottages have movable furniture, wall pictures, lamps, ornaments and other curiosities that are unique to that individual cottage. For full details of what exactly is provided in your cottage, and to discuss your personal access needs please contact our office by telephone on +44 (0) 1503 262730 so that we can help in person.
- The individual nature of our luxurious holiday cottages is something that we take great pride in. Because of these unique qualities, it is impossible to fully highlight all aspect of access here, but please do contact us so that we can discuss your personal requirements with you. We are always happy to help wherever possible, to ensure that you have a pleasurable, comfortable and safe stay with us.
These are approximate measurements to give you a guide of the general features in most of our cottages. However please do contact us to discuss the specifics of your cottage as these measurements may vary from cottage to cottage as they have all been updated at different times and building regulations change from year to year.
Standard door width (internal) – 90cmx196cm
Standard kitchen worktop height – 92cm
Standard bathroom basin height – 80cm approx.
Standard WC seat height – 40cm
Access to Office
Access via gravel slightly sloped car park, then up sloping but even brick path. 1 step up to office and then step up over threshold into carpeted office through regular width door.
Unfortunately we do not currently provide adaptations for the hearing impaired or our materials in Braille. We can provide large print for most of our written material on request.
Access to Treworgey Playroom
Access via gravel slightly sloped car park, then up sloping but even brick path. Small step up over threshold through wide door into carpeted play room.
Wooden chairs and arm chairs
Ping pong and mini pool tables
Small child size bookshelves and table and chairs
Selection of toys, large and small
Access to Information Room
Access via gravel slightly sloped car park, then up sloping but even brick path. Small step up and then small step over threshold through double ‘French' doors.
Wooden floor boards with large doormat and wool rug
Enclosed log burning stove (high guard all around)
2 seater sofa
DVD library shelving, some of which is at standing height
Chest of drawers and chest, with leaflets and other information on top
Self-service freezer for guests to buy local produce (honesty box system)
PC with internet access in small room in right hand corner. Table, computer and chair here
Is available in the Information Room and all cottages. We are a long way from the exchange so our line speeds may be slow compared to what you are used to.
Access to Swimming Pool
Access via gravel, sloped car park, along short paved path through wide lockable gate.
The area around the pool is paved and there is a level lawn surrounding the paved area
In summer deck chairs, tables and sun loungers are put out daily on the lawn area
The heat pumps and all pool heating/cleaning mechanisms are in an enclosed, locked cupboard
The wooden summer house/changing room is accessed via double doors with a small step up over the threshold. There is a wooden floor inside, and the back part is divided into two changing cubicles with curtains. There is a chair inside each. In the front part of the summer house there is a box containing chair cushions and floats etc
Inside the summer house there is an emergency telephone
At the back of the summer house is a tile-floored WC (standard height) with small washbasin (free space underneath) with mirror above
Outside the pool area there is a dog tying-up hook (dogs are not allowed in the pool area)
Life belts are provided on the inside of the pool fence
Coombe Log Store
This is the second door in the outbuilding on the left of the drive, opposite the left side of the farmhouse
Up two concrete steps to the door, concrete floor inside. Doorway is low, please mind your head
Stacks of logs and coal sacks piled around the edges – please help yourself with care
The nearest shop to Treworgey- is in the village of Duloe (approx. 1.5 miles). This is a small community shop with basic supplies and excellent local produce with select opening hours and an occasional post office. In Dobwalls there is a Spar with extended opening hours (Approx 5 Miles from both Treworgey and from Coombe.) or in Looe there are a variety of shops(approx 3 miles). The nearest large supermarket is Morrison’s in Liskeard (approx 6 miles).
The nearest Doctors surgery to Treworgey - is in Looe. (Three miles from Treworgey and two and a half miles from Coombe.)
The nearest hospital to Treworgey is in Liskeard (Six miles from Treworgey and Coombe). The nearest major A&E is in Plymouth (approx 18 miles from Treworgey).
Please note - If you would like a detailed access statement on an individual cottage, please contact us.
Back to top